Nonprofit Learning Series
Join us for Lead with Purpose Board Training Series
Are you considering board service? All sorts of organizations in Hendricks County need qualified and motivated individuals to serve on and strengthen their boards. That’s why Leadership Hendricks County is partnering with HCCF to provide an eight-part lunch & learn webinar series called Lead With Purpose.
Hedges, specialists certified in nonprofit governance, will help you better understand how board members can play effective and satisfying roles. Whether you’re a longtime board member or are giving thought to the idea of board service, you’ll find plenty of practical tips and helpful insight that will guide you to the right role in the right organization!
Participants completing this eight-session, interactive, virtual series will:
- Be prepared to lead in the nonprofit boardroom
- Receive tools for immediate use
- Gain access to continued board support and resources through a LinkedIn Lead with purpose Alumni group and quarterly “Time with our Experts” sessions with financial, legal, and human resources professionals and BoardSource Certified Nonprofit Board Consultants from Hedges
The eight, virtual sessions will be held over lunch every other Thursday starting on August 10. On November 30, there will be an in-person graduation and networking event at Level Two Coworking at the Shops at Perry Crossing in Plainfield.
The series meets virtually from 12:00 - 1:30 pm on the following Thursdays:
- August 10 - Nonprofit Fundamentals
- August 24 - Choosing Your Cause
- September 7 - Core Responsibilities
- September 21 - Effective Staff & Board Roles
- October 5 - Building a Thriving Board
- October 19 - Setting Vision & Strategy
- November 2 - Fundraising Essentials
- November 16 - Activating Board Committees
If you aren't currently serving on a Board, we have spots reserved just for you! The cost is just $99 per person for the entire series. Register today!