Community Unity Grants
This Community Unity Grant Program aligns with our GIFT VII Implementation Grant Program with the same focus. The following program acknowledges that there may be additional projects and programs that encourage community unity that are not part of our Implementation Plan.
This program is open to projects and programs that meet these priorities:
- Increased civic engagement
- Inclusivity, diversity, equity & accessibility
- Voter education and engagement
- Volunteerism including public and nonprofit Board service
- Stronger sense of County pride/brand
Who/What is eligible*:
- 501(c)(3) preferred; if you are not a 501(c)(3) but believe you have an eligible project or program, please contact HCCF
- Organization must serve Hendricks County
- Activities should predominantly serve Hendricks County
- Initiatives that increase accessibility of events or expand the audience of events
- Government agencies
- School or school corporation-wide programs MAY be eligible
Who/What is Ineligible*:
- Specifically partisan or faith-based activities
- Projects/programs outside of Hendricks County
- In-person events held before July 1, 2021 (to be reviewed May 27)
- Classroom grants
- Fundraising events
- Members-only events
- Youth/sports league
*These lists are not exclusive, if you are curious about whether or not your organization/project/program is eligible, please contact HCCF.
Applications Live: April 5, 2021 - December 15, 2025
Applications Reviewed: Monthly, on the first Tuesday of the month
- 2021 Dates: May 4, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 7, October 5, November 2, (Closed December)
Applications Awarded: Monthly, on the second Tuesday of the month
- 2021 Dates: May 11, June 8, July 13, August 10, September 14, October 12, November 9, (Closed December)
This is a new grant program, so it is designed to be broad enough to better understand our community's needs and the potential programs that meet our priorities. At this time we do not have a grant limit but anticipate they will fall below a one-time grant of $5,000.
That being said, the Community Foundation will consider larger grants or longer grant periods.
None at this time
If you have any questions about this program or grantmaking in general, please contact HCCF Vice President of Programs, Eric Hessel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.