Community Impact Grants Program (CLOSED)
HCCF Community Impact Grants offer financial assistance for charitable programs and projects serving Hendricks County.
This responsive grant program is designed to be open-ended allowing for nonprofits and charitable groups to apply for funding to help meet the needs of their organization in service to the needs of Hendricks County. Consider what Community Foundation funding could help move your organization or our community to the next level.
Who/What is Eligible:
- Applicants do not have to be 501(c)(3) public charities; however, the applicant program/project must be charitable and serve the general population/be open to the public.
- Applicants must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service, the Office of the Indiana Secretary of State of Indiana, and any other pertinent governing body.
- Programs/projects must serve Hendricks County.
- Programs/projects must meet a measurable or demonstrable need in Hendricks County.
- Programs/project must not discriminate in terms of program provision, and the applicant organization must not discriminate in staffing or hiring decisions.
- Funds must be used specifically for the purposes stated in the application
Who/What is Ineligible:
- For-profit companies.
- Grants to individuals or families for personal needs
- Bands, sports teams or other groups without a philanthropic project
- Annual appeals or membership contributions
- Fundraising events such as galas, golf tournaments, walk-a-thons and fashion shows
- Projects aimed at promoting a particular religion or construction projects for religious institutions
- Organizations or projects that discriminate based upon race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, military service/veteran status, or any other category protected under state or local law
- Political campaigns or projects aimed at promoting a particular political party or candidate
- Post-event, after-the-fact situations or debt retirement
- Endowment or reserve-building
- Classroom/teacher grants and schools/school districts*
*Generally, schools/school districts are not eligible for Community Impact Grants unless the project serves the greater community and not solely the students or teachers of that school/school district.
Disclaimer: These lists are not exclusive, if you are curious about whether or not your organization/project/program is eligible, please contact HCCF Vice President of Programs Eric Hessel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.268.6240.
Application Live: July 12 - August 30, 2021
Committee Review: September - October 2021
HCCF Board Approval: October 28, 2021
Grants Paid: November 2, 2021
In general, grants of this type fall under $10,000 and average between $2,000 and $5,000. That being said, we encourage applicants to demonstrate the full need of their requests.
HCCF reserves the right to partially fund requests, require a match or be final dollars into the program.
View a PDF version of the application before applying. NOTE: This is a preview only. Only applications submitted through the online grant portal will be accepted.
None at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact HCCF Vice President of Programs Eric Hessel at email@example.com or 317.268.6240.